Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Trip Report: Childless Millennial, Day 2, Part 1 (December 2019)

If you missed the last update, you can check it out here.

The plan for today was to have a late morning. This way we could catch up on some sleep. I woke up before my alarm, but around 8:30 so it was definitely some extra Zzzs.

I took a shower and got dressed while my dad still slept. He eventually got up and showered so I could be a little louder. I decorated our window for Christmas. 

We left the room around 10. Before hitting the bus stop, we checked the food court for the holiday mugs. They still weren't there.

Then, we went to the bus stop to go to Magic Kingdom. The screen with wait times didn't have one for Magic Kingdom, but the wait ended up being about 20 minutes. Be sure to plan for waits like this-especially if you have a reservation to make.

Oh, and since we were going to the flagship park today, I decided to wear my "Childless Millennial" shirt. Because I am, in fact, a Disney-loving childless millennial.


My MagicBand definitely scanned purple at the touchpoint this time.

Our plan was to go to Big Thunder, but the Trolley Show was coming down Main Street when we got there. This is one of my favorite things so we had to stop. An older woman (maybe in her 60s) stopped me and said she liked my shirt. Perhaps childless boomers and childless millennials can bond over this.



After the show we continued our journey to Frontierland. Again we got sidetracked and stopped at the Liberty Square ticket office. I wanted to get a birthday button. I didn't know this place was even here. It's very cute. There was a family already being helped and they were talking about the AP slider for the MagicBands. I completely forgot about those. I asked for them, too. They had like 4 left so we were lucky. 

The CM helping us also liked my childless millennial shirt. It's a crowd favorite.

Then, we hit up Big Thunder with our FastPasses. This is just one of my favorite attractions.

We stayed in Frontierland, and went to Tom Sawyer Island. I don't even remember the last time I went over there. We decided to just wander around and check out all the nooks and crannies.





Some of the caves are tight squeezes. But as two bigger people we made it through. The barrel bridge is quite the adventure! We kind of let ourselves get lost. 

I highly recommend going over there. It's a nice and relaxing place. The feel is so different from the rest of the park. You can relax away from the loud crowds. 

Eventually, we made our way back to the "main land". We didn't know what to do next and just started walking. They were saying the next showing of Country Bear Jamboree was starting soon so, of course, we went in. It's a classic! And the show was pretty full which was nice to see. It makes my heart happy to see this show appreciated.



When we got out it was time for our Pirates of the Caribbean fast passes. A kid sitting behind us got scared. It's easy to forget this can be scary, but it's dark and full of fire and loud noises. Just be aware of what your kids can handle. I felt bad for that little boy.


After that we were hungry. We did mobile order for Peco Bill's. We got our food pretty quick. And it wasn't too hard to find a table. It is hard to talk to my dad in this restaurant though. Even with his hearing aids he struggles when there's a lot of background noise. We took our time to eat and rest a little.

Up Next: Tomorrowland Fun

No comments:

Post a Comment