Thursday, February 20, 2020

Trip Report, Day 1, Part 3: Pandora!

Date: November 30, 2019

If you missed the last post, you can check it out here.

Our next fastpasses were for Na'vi River Journey. So we headed to Pandora via the bridge from Africa. 

Na'vi River Journey is a good attraction, but I wouldn't wait more than 15-20 minutes for it. It's just really short. The shaman animatronic is great, but only makes up for so much.



Then, it was lunchtime so we did mobile order at Satu'li Canteen. I ended up getting the hotdog kid's meal. I highly recommend kids meals. They are a great value. My dad got a bowl-I don't remember which one. We both liked are food. The hotdog was the best thing I ate today. And that's saying something because I'm not a huge fan of hot dogs.


Then, we were off to Asia. We went to my favorite trail-Maharajah Jungle Trek. I like both the animals and the overall theming/aesthetic. Unfortunately, there were no bats. This is the second time I've missed out on bats. I love them-they are the puppies of the sky.




When we finished up our FastPasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris were ready. I was worried the sun would be in our eyes because I've had that happened on afternoon safaris in the past. But it wasn't that bad.

There were tons of giraffes on the safari. The cheetahs were also very active. I'd never seen that before and it was very cool to see. 

Then, we did standby for Dinosaur. I love Dinosaur-the preshow is a gem. 


After that, it was getting dark so we headed to the Tree of Life. I wanted to see the Tree of Life: Awakenings. Our last trip there was a  downpour so we weren't able to watch it. We saw 2 shows-I think It was a little unclear how the structure of the show is set up.




Then, we decided to do stand-by for Flight of Passage. We've hard the line can be not that bad close to park close. Plus, everyone says the queue/lab is amazing. We ended up waiting about 90 minutes. the lab was nice, but a very small part of the overall queue. I don't think I would do standby again. It is a fun ride, but does really scare me. My dad says you have to just really through yourself into it. 

Maybe next time.






Then, we headed back to the hotel. They still didn't have any holiday refillable mugs.

We got 3 Mickey beignets to share from Scat Cat's. We got the regular ones, but they have flavors and liquor shots. People always rave about them. We were both a little underwhelmed. They were good, but not amazing. Both of us also almost died by choking on sugar. They put so much sugar on these. I would hate to clean those tables. 


We tried to use My Disney Experience App to find our room. It wasn't very helpful but we got there eventually. I unpacked, my dad soaked his feet in ice and I was out!

Steps Walked Today: 21, 851

Up Next: Day 2

No comments:

Post a Comment