Thursday, September 5, 2019

Trip Report: Crazy Morning Call

If you missed the last update, you can read it here.

It's Christmas Eve!

We had a later breakfast reservation-10 AM at The Wave. My parents have eaten there before and my dad is a big fan. So we got around slowly. It is nice to not be as rushed like a normal Disney vacation since we weren't going to the parks.

A little before we were planning on heading out my mom called. She sounded upset and started apologizing right away. I initially though something happened to my cat, Murphy, because she was watching him. I was immediately trying to figure out how I would get home ASAP.

It ended up being that she thought my car was stolen. She was also keeping an eye on y car and couldn't see it any more. I wasn't going to rush home for that. I told her it wasn't her fault and that we would figure it out when I got home. Of course, I was upset and felt hurt that someone would steal my car from my apartment complex, but I was just trying not to think about it.

My dad said I was handling it well. Trust me, there were tears and I felt awful, but I was incredibly grateful nothing was wrong with Murphy.

We finished getting around and then left the room so we could get on the monorail. On the way, my mom called again.

And guess what?!

My car wasn't stolen! She went outside and saw it. She thought it was and was actually hidden by a big truck. Again, my  mom apologized, but she didn't do anything wrong.

Now, I had my own Christmas miracle.

We were definitely due for a nice relaxing breakfast. We were seated at The Wave fairly quickly. You could order off the menu or get food from the buffet. It is a smaller and slightly more fancy options than your standard breakfast buffet.






The food was good. The Wave likes to focus on seasonal ingredients, so I think their menu changes more often than others. It was good, but isn't my new favorite must-do restaurant. 

Up next: More Resort Touring

No comments:

Post a Comment