Thursday, June 22, 2017

Mama Melrose's Review


I've been to Mama Melrose's twice and enjoyed the experience. It's a restaurant I don't often hear a lot about. That's part of the reason I didn't go for a long time. My family only made our first trip when we decided to try new and different things. And during our most recent trip, we did the Fantasmic Dinner Package there.

First, I'll mention the atmosphere. It's a VERY loud restaurant. A lot of Disney restaurants are crowded but this one always seems louder than the others. It's full of film memorabilia and knick-knacks. We have some small family-owned Italian restaurants near me and even though this isn't small that is the feel to it.

Now, let's talk about the important stuff-the food.

The appetizers came with the dinner package. My parents got the tuna and mussels while I got the tomatoes and mozzarella. I enjoyed mine. It's a nice light, but flavorful way to start a meal. My parents didn't like there's at all.

There was also a bread service of breadsticks and seasoned olive oil. Personally, I don't like olive oil on my bread, but it has nothing to do with its quality. The bread was warm and had a nice texture, but was a little bland. A basic bread doesn't have to be bland if done right.

I got the four-cheese pasta with chicken both times. And I love it. It's so rich and creamy. It's a fairly basic dish, but I've had it before where it's bland and watery. So, it can be messed up. This last trip my parents got the charred strip steak. I'm not a steak person so I didn't try it. But they both praised it. My dad actually said it was the best steak he ever had.

 The dinner package was the first time we tried dessert and it was a combination platter. The platter included tiramisu, chocolate cannoli cake, and an amaretto cheesecake.

My parents ate all of their tiramisus and enjoyed it, but I don't like coffee so I only ate the cream which was good. The chocolate cannoli cake was just ok. The cheesecake was the best dessert and wasn't rich. They were each like small samples which I prefer in a dessert.

Mama Melrose's is not my favorite restaurant or a must-do, but it's certainly a good option. I'm not eating there the next time I go, but I would in the future.

Have you eaten here? What did you think about it?

Thanks for reading!
Holly


No comments:

Post a Comment