Thursday, September 10, 2020

6.1: Rise of the Resistance Opens, So We Went to Animal Kingdom (December 2019)

 If you missed the last update, you can read it here.

Today was actually the opening of Rise of the Resistance. It opened at 4:30 AM! Boarding Groups had already filled up before we left our room. We knew this would be opening during our trip. While it would be cool to be a part of a new attraction opening, we didn’t want to deal with all that craziness. 


Today I actually woke up with my alarm and not early. This was also the first time I didn’t want to wake up right away. But I did. I took a shower and got dressed.


We were out the door by 9 AM. Our plan was to take a bus to Animal Kingdom. The bus was there right as we walked up. Another bit of great timing this trip!


At the park, we were able to go through the annual Passholder line. The line for Dinosaur was short so we hit that up. Our picture didn’t show up on photopass which was sad. Then, we walked around Dinoland. I know a lot of people don’t like it, but I love the kitchy look and feel. It’s especially cool at night with all the lights. Primeval Whirl was still down :( 








Then, we were off to Africa to check in for the rhino tour. While we waited for the tour to start, I took a bathroom break. Then, we watched the performers. I love the whole vibe of Harambe. 


Up next: Rhino Tour!


No comments:

Post a Comment